- Funds Global MENA
- Funds Europe
Effective date: April 1, 2018
Funds Global Asia, published by Funds Europe, knows that you care how your information is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Who we are
We are CAMRADATA Analytical Services, trading as Funds Europe and we are the data controller. We are part of the Punter Southall Group and our business contact details are:
The contact detail of our Data Protection Officer is:
Name: Richard Garmon-Jones
Address: 11 Strand, London WC2N 5HR
Telephone: 020 3327 5182
Email: [email protected]
Personal data we collect
The specific types of personal information we may collect and use about you will depend upon your use of our website facilities, services or products, how you use them and the information you choose to provide.
The types of information we collect directly from you are:
• Name, work phone number, email address
• Job title, company name;
• Company address;
• Marketing preferences;
• Month of birth;
The types of information we collect from you automatically are:
• IP address, MAC address, browser types, browser language, operating system, general location data- the country from which you accessed our website, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs), referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the terms you use in searches on our sites, the date and time you used the website, any form submitted , error logs, and other similar information;
• Opening of emails, date and time email opened, links clicked on in email
We and our website service provider (a data processor that works on our behalf), may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar technologies, to assist in collecting this information, as is discussed below.
We may aggregate and/or anonymise any personal information collected through the facilities, services or products offered so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device. We may use this information for any purpose and may share this data with our third parties.
Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the website facilities, services and products to you. If you do not provide us with such information, you may no longer be able to access or use our services or products.
Personal data we obtain from third parties
• We collect personal data from Pensions Funds Online.
Why we collect and use your personal data
We, or our data processors, use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you and the specific facilities, services or products you use. In particular, we collect your information for the following purposes:
• to contact you in response to your enquiry about the products and services we offer;
• to reply to your questions about your subscription;
• to provide you with newsletters, information about our forthcoming events and marketing communications;
• to enhance and improve your experience on our website, ensure the security of our website facilities and develop the service and products we offer;
• to analyse email marketing campaigns;
• to monitor and improve our customer service standards;
• to respond to you if you report a problem with our website;
• for ABC auditing purposes;
The legal bases for using your information are as follows:
• Where you make an enquiry, ask a question or request information on a service, agree to marketing communications or report a problem we will require your consent or rely on other lawful bases of processing such as legitimate interest, performance of a contract or compliance with legal obligations, before we use your information.
• Where you have requested a service or product, the use of your information is necessary for the performance of the user agreement we’ve entered into with you for the provision of those services or products;
• Where we provide you with the website facilities, services or products you’ve requested, use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under the terms of the user agreement we have with you; and
• Where we collect your information automatically or you respond to a survey we use your information for our legitimate business interests. This is to provide security for our website, operate our business and provide our services and products, ensure safe environments for our staff and visitors to our offices, comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights, prevent fraud and to know you, our customer to whom we are providing the facilities, services or products.
Who we share your personal data with
In providing our facilities, services and products to you we may share your personal information with other organisations or entities. Listed below are the organisations / entities, the reason for sharing and the type of the information shared.
|Organisation/Entity||Information shared||Reason for sharing|
|Member company of the PS Group||Name, Company Name, Email address, Job Title, Company Address, Phone number||To provide you with the service you’ve requested. We will only share your information with your consent|
|Website service provider||IP address, browser types, operating system, general country location from where you accessed our website, see above for more information||To enhance and improve your experience on our website, ensure the security of our website facilities|
|LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter||IP address, website address social media plugin located, browser and operating system used, date/time website accessed or Plugin activated||Social Media Plug-ins|
|Marketing affiliates||Name, Company Name, Email address, Job Title, Company Address, Phone number, Month of birth||For direct emailing of our newsletters, online surveys or notifications on information, products, services, or promotional offers|
|Trade bodies||Name, Company Name, Email address, Job Title, Company Address, Phone number, Month of birth||For auditing purposes|
Where we process your personal data outside the EEA
The information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored on our secure servers in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). However, from time to time, your personal data may be transferred to, stored in, or accessed from a destination outside the EEA.
Where we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected in a manner that is consistent with how your personal data will be protected by us in the EEA. This can be done in a number of ways, for instance:
• the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission or a relevant data protection authority;
• the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on model contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your personal data; or
• where the recipient is located in the US, it is a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
You can obtain further information regarding the mechanisms used to safeguard your data by contacting our Customer Care team or Data Protection Officer at the contact details listed above.
How long we will keep your personal data
Cookies and similar technologies
For more information on the cookies we use, the purposes for which we use them and how you can control them please refer to our Cookies Policy.
Marketing and research
You have choices when it comes to receiving marketing communications and taking part in market research. We will send you relevant news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications. When you make an enquiry via our website we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications. You can change your marketing choices at any time online, over the phone or in writing.
We would also like to hear your views to help us to improve our services and products so we may contact you for market research purposes. You always have the choice about whether to take part in our market research.
The Funds Europe website may provide links to other third party web sites. Even if the third party is affiliated with Funds Europe through a business partnership or otherwise, Funds Europe is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of such external links. These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only and you access them at your own risk.
How to access and control your personal data - Your rights
You have certain rights with respect to your information which are summarised below. Some of the rights are complex therefore, not all details are included in the summary:
• Right to be informed: you should be given, at the time your information is collected, or can ask for information about how your information is collected and used;
• Right of access: you can ask for copies of all the information that we process about you;
• Right to rectification: you can ask to have inaccurate information held about you corrected;
• Right to erasure: you can ask for the information held about you to be erased (subject to certain criteria);
• Right to restriction of processing: you can ask us to stop processing your information (under certain circumstances);
• Right to data portability: you can, under certain circumstances, request that we transmit your personal information to another provider of services;
• Right to object: you can object to your information being processed if our legal basis for processing your information is based on a “legitimate interests”. To check whether we use your information for “legitimate interests” see the section “Why we collect and use your personal data" above.
You also have the right to object to direct marketing. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal information for this purpose.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights mentioned above, you can do so by writing or emailing our Data Protection Officer or Customer Care team at the address detailed above.
Your right to withdraw consent
Where you have provided consent for us to process your information you can withdraw your consent at any time. Please note: Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to you withdrawing your consent.
You can withdraw your consent in the following ways:
• In writing, to our Customer Care team or Data Protection Officer;
• By unsubscribing to our marketing emails.
Your right to make a complaint
If you have a complaint about the way we process your personal information or think that we have not complied with your rights, you can make a complaint to:
The Information Commissioner's Office
Wilmslow SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
Fax: 01625 524510
Changes to this policy
You will be informed of changes to this policy by dedicated service emails, when you log-in to your account or by notification on our website.
Amy Cho, Schroders’ Hong Kong chief executive and regional head of intermediary clients, tells Romil Patel about Hongkongers’ love of investing, staying nimble in a volatile market and following...
As the US-China trade war ramps up with a hike in levies, Tai Hui, chief market strategist for Asia-Pacific at JP Morgan Asset Management, tells Romil Patel where he identifies investment value.
Panellists discuss expanding product capability across Asia-Pacific, the opportunities and regulatory challenges around data and the prospects for ETFs in the region. Chaired by Romil Patel in Hong Kong.
Our panel of experts discusses driving higher ESG asset allocation in Asia, growing calls to address the global climate crisis and the importance of governance. Chaired by Romil Patel in Hong Kong.